Well hello there

I'm glad you've found me! Welcome to my blog. I am an abnormal teen though you don"t see it at first. Strange once you do and funny if you know what to look for. I appreciate creepers like no other! Look around and get to know me a little bit :)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

We've all heard

of the concept that we are all connected. Somehow. And subconsciously I've begun to fathom this concept. But to understand this concept we have to understand what it is that connects us. So what is there that could possibly span the entire world. Connecting all of us. Making a bond with our fellow man. This force is simple because it has already been given a name. 


GOD
God, Allah, Adonai, Krishna, Vishnu, whatever you call him, or her, or it, connects us. I've been trying to put logic into this as much as possible. So I'd like you to go out on a limb and assume that god is ever present. Omnipotent, invincible, and always there. The lessons we learn are selected by Allah. The people we meet or don't are brought or not brought into our lives by Adonai. Now that you have this concept in your head. Imagine yourself or any person, trying to tend to every life equally, and being ever present, to love all people animals, beetles, creatures equally.


Impossible.
How can we attach human traits to a divine entity. The IT that makes our lives worth living. 
IT is not human. I've stopped imagining talking to god as talking to a person. I imagine Krishna as an all encompassing yellow light.


 A warm presence.
Some people see god as a young boy. 
Calligraphy

An angel.

A man
Some as an old man. Some as a word. Some as a spaghetti monster. Some see god in a person. 
So I ask myself. If god is ever present, then wouldn't he be within each of us. Then wouldn't each of us be god? My concepts of Adonai are vaguely drawn from Islamic beliefs. There was a Metaphor of a water droplet named Tipu.

This droplet was realizing that he was not where he needed to be. So he asked a wise water droplet where he could find the Ocean (representing god in the story, as the ever present vast entity.) The wise water droplet told him to search upward. And as anyone who has studied the water cycle knows. When Tipu went to the surface of his home, he was taken up and evaporated. When he fell from the sky he found himself in a jungle. He wandered around and in his wandering he became intoxicated in the beauty of the world, however, Tipu found a wise turtle, he asked to go to the ocean, and through the guidance of one wise turtle (the prophet, Imam, Pope, Minister, Rabbi, etc.)he was (the prophet, Imam, Pope, Minister, Rabbi, etc.) led to a river (meditation, spiritual practice) and Tipu flowed down the river. So happy to be on his way to the Ocean FINALLY! The apprehension was building in Tipu. He could hardly wait to be with the Ocean. The river lead to a waterfall, and the waterfall led to another river. (The long path of self discovery, self realization, and overall zen-ness) Later he found himself in his home again. Tipu was confused. The river was too far behind to ask, so he went to the bottom of the ocean to the home of the wise droplet and told him of his journey, the water droplet chuckled and said "child, this is the ocean"Tipu realized that he was with his Ocean the whole time! He reasoned that he was a part of the ocean, therefore he was the ocean, and if the ocean is god, and Tipu represents a person. Then each person is god.
Is the universe starting to make sense yet?
I'm guessing not because the concept of god isn't exactly the easiest to grasp, but with a little contemplation, it makes a little sense. One concept to know:

It's okay to not get it.
God would've made this world too easy if you could get everything on the first try.
So god connects all of us it's the common denominator. So god really does connect us!

Prayer is the concept of committing time to god. Whether it is to ask for things, thank him for things. Or just to talk, unload and unwind. Make no mistake. It is possible, even encouraged, to have a personal relationship with this manifestation of yourself called god. But if prayer is the talking to god. Then how do we listen? We could meditate, which is a great idea. We could thank god daily for things that work out for us and that don't. For example, I've been meaning to talk to this girl that I have a crush on (I know its all mushy and stuff) and ask her about some stuff. Bottom line I haven't, and I was at this party yesterday. We'll skip to the end -> I was encouraged by a crowd to have a normal conversation. It clicked because later that day. I had written a letter to myself telling myself to just do it. So I thanked god

Sometimes I have this feeling in my chest like a sea of heavenly light. Like god is present, I've learnt to let it go and give it to people. So when I was in India. And I would see someone who desperately needed help. I'd make my mom give money, but then I would silently say a prayer, give some light, and move on.

God gives us faith. So we have hope for a better world, for an order in the world. Hope for those people who are in a hole with no light. Hope for people who are so close to digging their way out. A new view of the world. A broader spectrum of light. So whenever something you've asked for comes into fruition. Say thank you to the warm yellow light.

Thanks to
Adonai
Allah
Buddha
Krishna
The giant spaghetti monster
The light
and
God

1 comment: